Sunday, August 19, 2012

Easy Breezy Summer Afternoons



I'm wearing khaki ankle pants with a soft floral blouse from Coldwater Creek and Nine West shoes. The sunglasses and bangle bracelets are in brown tones and bone with brass accents.

I'm comfortable and casual for lounging by Mickey's pool in the pavilion with friends.

Yesterday we went for a drive to the mountains of North Carolina. When we arrived in Blowing Rock, it was much cooler than it was here in Johnson City. I visited one of my favorite boutiques, The Fig Leaf Ltd, where I bought this Damee swing jacket. 

It is a soft taupe/silver color with a bit of sparkle to it. The classic styling means I will be wearing it for years to come. I love the collar details, the three quarter length sleeves, and three large buttons. I'm also wearing black Travelers pants from Chico's and a black tee underneath the jacket. 

My earrings are large silver hoops with tiny Swarovski crystal details within the hoops.  The platform pony-skin sandals are by Vince Camuto. 

When wearing a dramatic style jacket such as this, I always keep all my other accessories minimal. It is enough of a statement on its own. One must be careful not to over-accessorize because that can make you look dated. 
 

Thanks for reading! I hope you have a great week.

2 comments:

Rosebeme said...

Susan, that jacket is stunning!!!

Susan said...

Thank you Rosebeme!