Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Rain Hat

I added a faux fur rain hat to my collection this month. My hair in humidity isn't pretty, so there are several hats in my closet. I think this one will be a favorite this winter.



Some of my jackets and coats are now too large for me, but I will get this one tailored. I love the teal blue color. It's a Geiger boiled wool jacket that works great over pants. The scarf is a large square silk(like) material in teal with a bit of animal print from Ross. The bag is a winter favorite from 2011.



The pants were a straight leg style from Stein Mart last year. 


The booties are by Nine West.


The very warm and comfy faux fur hat is from Coldwater Creek. The grey long-sleeved tee is by Vera Wang from Kohl's.



Being silly in the rain brings back sweet memories of my childhood on a farm in North Carolina. The now rare (for me) sound of rain on a tin roof always transports me to that far away simple time. I loved to curl up wrapped in one of my grandmother's hand made quilts on the front porch swing of our old farmhouse and watch the rainfall. When the storm passed, I would go looking for frogs and red salamanders.  Being an only child at that time and living on a secluded farm meant finding playmates in nature.

Thank you for reading my blog and visiting with me on Facebook this past year. 

6 comments:

Susan B said...

You look smashing and ready to meet the elements. The blue is a lovely color on you. Happy Holidays to you!

Sally J said...

Merry Christmas.

josep-maria badia said...

I love this outfit. I love the color and pattern of the jacket. The hat is fantastic, beautiful. A look gorgeous, elegant and simple. The scarf is great.

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous in that shade of blue!

LPC said...

Great color, wonderful hat silhouette.

D. A. Wolf said...

New to your blog (not sure how I got here, actually... possibly through Pam at Over50 Feeling40?

I know it's about the hat, which is adorable, but that color blue is stunning on you. Gorgeous outfit. Just wanted to say it!