Friday, July 5, 2013

Dinner and Fireworks!

Our dear friends live on a hill in a grand house. We often spend the evening of the 4th of July with them.




Each time I visit my friend D., I get a least one great idea. This evening it was that large cut glass flower vase behind my head on the mantle. Instead of flowers, she added a candle inside!



When I came home I immediately got out the biggest vase I have and added a Glade candle in cashmere wood scent.



This is my beautiful and extremely talented friend D. with me on one of the terraces overlooking her north gardens. It is very difficult to make grand double-height rooms feel warm and welcoming but D. accomplishes this task so very well. Each room in her home is an absolute delight to the senses.


This was a really delicious banana pudding made by one of the other guests. It is a fourth of July tradition here in the south!



I am wearing a beautiful navy blazer from Dalitika over a white tank top from Coldwater Creek. The multistrand blue-green necklace is from Stein Mart. The red pants are Nine West jeggings and the shoes are by Adrienne Vittadini both from T.J.Maxx.




This beautiful lightweight navy blazer with a sheen to the fabric was a gift from Dalitika. I got lots of compliments on it!  This jacket will be one of my favorites for years to come.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, you sure know how to rock a holiday! Great blog post. Love the outfit.

Sharon Greenthal said...

You and your friend look beautiful, and I love your shoes!

mary said...

wow---thanks for the link to Dalatika--what an awesome concept!

Donna said...

Great jacket! You will find lots of wys to style it. Your friend has a beautiful home.

Unknown said...

Wow, that home does look grand and you look lovely as usual.

meriusa said...

I highly appreciate to be invited by good friends.Yours have a grandiose house with a nice ,shining housewife !
Candle in a crystal flower vase has been adjusted on my terrace table ,too!Thank you for this idea .
Your red jeggings are very flattering to you combined with the classic navy jacket.