Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Blue Ridge Parkway

When the sky is so blue, it seems there will never be another cloud, we love to go for a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.




Driving on the Parkway also means we will be close to Blowing Rock and the Tanger Outlet which Mr. Mickey is always happy to stop at so that I can check out the Chico's and Coach stores. The food court is midway between the two stores. I bought the handbag at the Coach outlet last year.



Fair is fair. We stop at Chico's for me, and we stop at Kilwin's Ice Cream for Mr. Mickey.



The line was out the door and down the street!


At last, we are close enough to read the flavor selections! Butter pecan is Mr. Mickey's most favorite. I usually go for something chocolate.





The park across the street is a great place to sit and watch people while you eat your ice cream.


The breathtaking mountain ranges can never be captured in a photo. You must go there and drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway for a few miles on a clear day so that you can drink in this awe-inspiring view for yourself.





The navy lightweight jacket is old. The white tank and pants are by Peck and Peck from Stein Mart. The shoes are by Kenneth Cole Reaction, as are the sunglasses, both from T.J.Maxx. The necklace and cuff are old from Chico's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please continue your pictures of your travels. I enjoy them and of course your excellent taste in clothes.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

What a gorgeous drive, Susan! I am with Mr. M...love butter pecan and I would add pecan praline to that! It must be good ice cream for the line to be that long! You looked lovely as always.

Unknown said...

I am cheek-by-jowl w/ the Blue Ridge here in Virginia - nice to see another section of it - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Susan you are adorable, I think you would look darling in a skirt. Men love skirts and skirts would look very nice with all your sexy shoes. Surprise us! You may be surprised yourself. Keep up the fun blog!

Susan said...

I do own a few skirts and dresses but I must say I am infinitely more comfortable in pants. I just may surprise everyone soon. :)

Donna said...

You do live in a beautiful area...so many things to see and do. You look lovely as always.