Monday, November 3, 2014

Island Time

It was a rare long weekend for us. We were able to get away and visit with our dearest friends at their beach house on Hilton Head Island in South Carolina.


We dressed for dinner and went out to a nice restaurant every evening.


Afternoons were spent sitting on the patio talking, having a glass of wine, and watching the wildlife across, on, and under the pond beyond the pool. No close visits from gators this time!


Our friends Bryan and Nancy surprised us all when they showed up on Halloween ... dressed for the occasion.





I took with me a variety of jeans, jackets, tanks, and tees but I had a wonderful time buying even more on our day of shopping.



Leaving for a day of shopping at Chico's on the island and at the Tanger Outlets!


This sculpture in the landscape by the pool is a tribute to all the critters we see around the pond.


Dressed for cool weather and lots of walking at the Hilton Head Island Concours d'Elegance on Sunday.







Mr. Mickey's favorite.



My favorite! Sporty little number isn't it?

I hope you had a great weekend too!

5 comments:

Margo said...

Hi. Glad to see you back from a well earned break. Even though I am apear shape and you are not you still give me inspiration for relaxed but stylish looks. Margo

cherie at stylenudge.com said...

Susan, I am really loving your black, white and denim wardrobe that you packed for your trip. Doesn't it make it easier to pack if you limit to those. And, they are always appropriate for most occasions. Great looks, especially the leather jacket!
Cherie
http://www.stylenudge.com

Donna said...

What a perfect weekend! Your friends look so cute as Sonny and Cher. The "ride" you selected is pretty sweet, although Mr Mickey has a good eye for a very fine automobile. You look chic, as usual. I love your confidence.

Unknown said...

Hi - I just discovered your blog and love your style!!!! Where did you get that white moto jacket?

Thanks.

Susan said...

Hi Susan Virgadamo, I found that white linen moto jacket on the sale rack at Stein Mart last summer.