Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Covered Perfectly Photo Shoot

Pauline Durban, the Covered Perfectly owner, invited me to come out to Los Angeles to model in the photoshoot for her new spring line. I have long admired her clothing, which is perfect for so many of the looks I show on the blog, so I jumped at the chance to be part of this project.



After getting to know Pauline this week, I must say she is a master of designing smart looking clothes and putting together a great team of people to get things done most effectively.

After picking me up from LAX Airport, we visited her production facility to pick up new products for the shoot. Then we were off to her office to set up the sequence of loading all the products and supplies she would need at the studio the next day.

The Covered Perfectly line of clothing is made in the USA, and the fabrics are woven and dyed right here also!

On the day of the photoshoot, we were up before dawn. Everyone met at the Flashaus Studio for a full day of shooting.


The first order of business was to get me ready for the camera and bright lights since I was the first model to arrive. Lex Majia was the makeup artist who made the magic happen.



This is one of the many looks I modeled. I love the flexibility since it can take you from work straight to dinner. Both the vest and top are from Covered Perfectly.



Have you ever spent nine hours changing clothes every five minutes, in high heels, standing just so, holding in your tummy and your chin up while smiling your prettiest smile?






Modeling for the Covered Perfectly spring photo shoot was such a wonderful experience. From the spacious and well-appointed studio to the very talented makeup artist and wonderful photographer, everyone was so professional and genuinely supportive and kind.



With Nichole Alex, the beautiful and very talented photographer who helped us all look our best while showing the clothes to their best advantage.


Shawna and Tammie were two of the gorgeous models I worked with.



Michelle Renee was also one of the beautiful ladies I had the pleasure of working with. She is pictured here with Pauline and me.

At the end of a long and very productive day, there were lots of hugs and more than a bit of sadness as I said goodbye to this exceptional group of women.