Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Maxi Dresses

Light and airy maxi dresses continue to be an excellent choice for warm weather dressing.



I wore this black one a few summers ago, but it was still a comfortable option for the garden tour Mr. Mickey and I were going on. Wearing the hat and sunglasses made me appear fresh as a daisy even though it was about 90 degrees that day.


There are many maxi dress options on the racks again this spring, so I thought I would share some tips that have worked for me when wearing them.

Choose a bra strap, friendly style.

Edit your accessories carefully when wearing a maxi dress.

A shrug or featherweight cardigan can be removed if you get too warm, but it's nice to be able to cover your arms if you want to.

I am not a fan of shawls. They are always falling off and threaten to trip you at every step.

Flat sandals or wedges usually work better with casual maxi dresses and palazzo pants because it is easy to trip when high heels get caught in the extra fabric.

No comments: