Thursday, October 15, 2015

Oil and Water

There is always a pretty glass of water on my desk. I sip water throughout the day, and I always take a small bottle of water when I am in the car for any length of time.




Our bodies are about 60% water.

Drinking water throughout the day helped me to lose weight and to keep it off. 

Drinking water helps my skin to remain clear and fresh looking.

If your lips are often chapped, it is likely because you are not drinking enough water.

If you have tummy issues or can't go as often or as easily as you would like, you may need to drink more water.

If you have headaches often or have trouble concentrating, you may need to drink more water.

If you feel sluggish, you may need to drink more water.

Mild dehydration (fluid loss of 1-3%) can impair energy levels and mood and lead to major memory and brain performance reductions.


I can tell the difference in my hair, eyes, and skin quality, and tone when I am so busy, I don't drink enough water for even one day. When I come home from a trip or get up in the morning, the first thing I do is get a glass of water and sip it slowly over the next hour. I feel revived quickly.

Olive oil is perfect to use for the relief of the uncomfortable feeling of dry skin. Just put a few drops in your palm and slowly massage it into your skin. It absorbs in a few minutes, and the salad smell goes away also.

3 comments:

Jan Maier said...

I'm doing a seasonal nutrition/exercise program at the Y right now. The nutritionist told us to divide our weight by 2 and that should be our "base" amount of water per day and then we add 12 oz. for every hour of exercise. So most days I'm drinking 88 plus ounces of water. I had always "tried" to drink 64 oz. so this is a big step up. You're right though..it makes SUCH a difference. My first 8 oz each day is warm water with the juice of half a lemon. She also suggests adding 2 oz of tart cherry juice (no added sugars) a day to the water because it is a great natural anti-inflammatory. Woo Hoo...let's hear it for water!!!

I'm not necessarily looking to lose weight...well...maybe 5-10 lbs would be nice but my body far percentage was on the high side for my size. However, one of the mottos of the program is "80% of weight loss happens in the kitchen!" I think you're a prime example of that motto!

Mom said...

I totally agree with drinking plenty of water throughout the day. I use coconut oil, argan oil and rose oil on my face....oils are wonderful for the skin and I love that they are natural. Love your posts!

Lynn said...

Great post.Very informative. I have noticed how much better my skin is since I've been drinking more water.