Friday, March 18, 2016

In Summary

On Sunday, we had a lovely afternoon brunch before leaving the beautiful resort of Primland for now. We will return soon and often!


I layered the White House Black Market jacket over the white tank top by Peck and Peck via Stein Mart with the black ankle jeans by Chico's for the long drive home. I wore the gray faux reptile booties by Vince Camuto and carried my Zac Posen bag, both from Saks Off 5th.





Let's look back over the past few blog posts to see how I mixed and matched the ten pieces of clothing I took with me on this trip. I took three jackets (it could have been just one white one), three tank tops, one cashmere cardigan, and three pairs of pants. All of the items fit into a rolling carry-on size bag in addition to a hanging bag for the jackets. All of my toiletries and shoes also easily fit into the carry-on bag.

My travel look on the first day.

His mother loved the sweetness of the cartoon character Mickey Mouse. His father admired the baseball player Gordon Stanley "Mickey" Cochrane. As a result, Mr. Mickey was so named. He has been collecting Mickey Mouse antique toys of the highest caliber for most of his life. That massive collection is now for sale in its entirety. You can see much of the famous collection as it was once displayed in his museum on this Facebook page.

I wore this to dinner on the first evening.


I wore this casual look to breakfast on Saturday.

This was my look for dinner on Saturday evening.

This was my look for the drive home.


As we left the resort property, we saw this beautiful pheasant pecking about in the grass beside the road. I might have scared him a little when I squealed, "STOP... back up!"



The view of mountains for as far as the eye can see always soothes my soul.



I hope that this series of blog posts help you pack fewer pieces that work in various ways for your next trip.

3 comments:

Jan Maier said...

Such good information and reinforces the fact that when one has a wardrobe of classic neutrals, life is easier. As usual, you're an inspiration.

Unknown said...

Love these simple refined looks. Just the right amount of bling too. I always wonder why some women feel the need to wear every piece of jewelry they own as if their self-worth is contained in how many pieces they can buy. Perfect!

Andrea said...

The pieces in your wardrobe work so well together! I love the white blazer. I'm looking to add a white blazer to my wardrobe; I'll have to take a look at the WHBM one!

And what a Mickey collection Mr. Mickey has! Amazing!