Monday, August 22, 2016

Surprise Party




Our weather has started to turn cooler, and the rain has fallen for a few days. So it is beginning to feel a little like autumn in the mountains. 

On Saturday, we joined my extended family members and friends to surprise the 60th birthday party for my cousin's sweet husband.



Mr. Mickey and I always make a fun day out of every such event, so we drove up early in the day to share a light lunch at "Eat Crow" and then spent the day shopping and visiting with friends in Blowing Rock.


One of the other Eat Crow patrons drove up in a white Lamborghini. He and Mr. Mickey became fast friends.


The surprise birthday dinner party was held on the patio at Joy Bistro in Boone, North Carolina. The food and service were excellent! We highly recommend it.


Rhonda and I were the only cousins rocking the heels!


Larry is also a car lover who owns a Classic Pontiac Trans Am, so this extraordinary birthday cake made him very happy.



In keeping with the Ralph Lauren jacket's distressed softer color, I wore a cream-colored tank and khaki pants with similar colored heels and a woven straw clutch. Unfortunately, all the items are more than a year old.



I hope that the looks and tips I share inspire you to build a wardrobe that can be mixed and matched and enjoyed for years to come.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great outfit Susan! The RL jacket will never go out of style and I love the necklace with it.

Jen said...

Love the outfit Susan. Can you tell me which body type is able to wear a cropped type jacket?
Thanks

Prairie Poulet said...

Similar style sense and beautiful smiles! Thanks for sharing happy times.

Susan said...

If you have an apple shape, a cropped style jacket over a longer top gives you the appearance of a waistline that is slimmer.

Jessica said...

I just recently discovered your Facebook page and your blog. Love your style sense. You are very pretty and always smartly dressed. Isn't it nice to be able to wear a jacket? I am already tired of the hot summer and can't wait for the fall to come.. I also love wearing heels but don't get too many occasions to wear them anymore. Thank you for sharing with us! Keep up the good work.